So ideally you don’t want to keep tracking these things, but you know…it’s not just me being affected by this, and two years is a decent stretch of time so it’s okay to wrap it up properly.
Today is my 1 month anti-versary.
I feel good. Most days. It’s okay. I also feel no burning need to get back on the horse, so to speak. This horse, or any other stallion passing through. I’m stopping to smell the roses as a pedestrian…and the roses are grand.
(I do however feel like I’ve waved the proverbial unscented body lotion at the scanner of target, since all my fb adds have changed from wedding rings and dresses to dating apps).
My biggest concern in pulling the plug has always been how it would be for Nicola. I probably put it off for much longer than I should have, because what kind of asshole would I be if I just ripped away a 2nd father figure from her without trying my utmost best to make it work?
So, ironic I guess that incompatible parenting styles was the final nail in the coffin for us. In fact it may have been about 70% of the previous nails too. And also ironic that Nicola has not just taken this in her stride, but genuinely blossomed away from the drama.
So truly, in this case, the road to my personal hell has been paved with good but unneccesary intentions.
Other things in my world at the moment
- Still working insane hours from home. Flexi hours really mean ALL the hours!
- Hopefully getting fibre soon, as the new job is intensely data hungry
- Still on the bant-wagon…although this has been the cheatiest week I’ve had so far! When I eat contra-bant I feel physically ill, and wake up in pain. So that’s a great motivator, as if the weight loss wasn’t enough.
- My aunt (my mom’s cousin) passed away this week from complications after an operation she had. I didn’t know her that well to be honest, but the funeral was still quite emotional. My great uncle almost fell in the grave! The raw pain and sorrow you see on a parent’s face when they have to bury their child, really hits home…even when the child was 57. I hope I never have to be that strong.
- I am feeling blessed and taken care of in all areas of my life
- New car goes like a rocket (especially compared to the old one). It’s been raining off and on, but on the odd occasion that we’ve had a warmer day, the aircon has been bliss…like I knew it would be.
- I am really enjoying motivation type poster thingies, on fb and pinterest alike. Some of them really make me chuckle. I am not angry…but I can relate to some really angry ones too. Maybe I am angrier than I give myself credit for?
- I have lots of questions about the new whatsapp status picture thingy. For instance, does it only come up if both people have each other in their contacts? I’ve tried it out a few times now, but I’m not a fan. I don’t miss the old one, since I hardly ever used it but I get more out of posting a pic to fb honestly. Also I get to see it again next year with the “on this day” feature. Do you like it?
Want to see some of the posters I’ve enjoyed? Okay, brace yourself – here they come!
This one is not personally relevant to me, I just had a wow moment when I saw it.
Also not this one…but it is still true. 😀
Ps! Looks like Sundays are my blog days now. Hope you have a fan-f-ing-tastic week.
Pps! My mom’s birthday is coming up. I am at a loss as to what to get her, and she is not being helpful with ideas. Any suggestions? (Keep in mind that her only vices are reading and shopping, and that I have an extremely limited rebuilding-my-life again budget).