What do you love about your current life?29 February , 2016
Well, I’m in a pretty good space at the moment. Sure, there are always a few niggles…but for the most part things are plodding along nicely.
So here is a list of things that I feel are going particularly well at the moment:
* Nicola is doing very well on all fronts. She’s healthy, happy and well adjusted. Last year was a big change year for her, and at times it was very rocky. This year everything is settled and she’s doing great. Not loving homework, but that’s pretty normal in my opinion. She’s got an abundant level of sass, and I couldn’t be more pleased about it if I tried. That will take you far my girl. Don’t let life push you around just because your small.😉
* Work for the time being is going quite well too. This is only a short term contract, but the work is manageable, the pay is good, the hours are super flexible and the traffic and travel time are fan-f-ing-tastic! My manager tells me nice things, like having me around reduces his stress by at least 25% overall. It would be great if that could translate into a longer term contract, but I’ll take it nonetheless – it’s a real confidence booster when someone sees your efforts and thinks the sun shines out your bottom.
* My family is doing well. A few weeks ago I was flying out of the office because my mom had collapsed at work and was rushed to hospital, but she’s okay now and when something like this happens you can’t help thinking that it could have been much worse.
* Closer to home, there is quite a bit of upheaval which I don’t like…but we’re working on it together, and that I do love. I guess it’s kind of inevitable that when you merge two households with three very different children there will be some fireworks? Steve and I, turns out, value very different things in our children. I won’t lie…some days are an extreme test in endurance. Other days are the thing white picket fence dreams are made of.
* I don’t feel like I’m in survival mode every day. There are days when I feel in top of the world…there are days when I feel like I’m just coasting along…but very rarely do I hit days where I think that I just have to make it to bed time anymore. This is big for me. I do love this life of mine quite a lot actually.🙂