Friday bullets7 February , 2014
Do you like my picture? There sure has been a lot of rain this last week! I don’t think you can actually properly see the river that I was driving down from my photo. Sorry, I would have turned down the window a bit but I kept getting showered by oncoming traffic and eventually had to drive with a towel over my shoulder because I needed to crack it open a bit to clear the fog from my windscreen’s inside.
On the upside, I’ve managed to squeeze an extra 10 minutes out of every morning at home since I haven’t had to water the plants all week!😉
This has been a pretty laid back week. This weather just makes me so sleepy and peaceful…
- There’s been a bit of comment chaos on one of my old posts. I think it’s all under control now. If not, I’ll just close that off for comments going forward (you know I’ve never actually had to do that on any post before?)
- I had a two day migraine thing, for which I took one duvet day. I actually feel it coming on again as we speak, so maybe time to pop some more pain killers.
- Nicola was very upset with me yesterday because I wouldn’t let her fly to Japan to go and enjoy Oom Freddy’s birthday party with him – hahaha!
- I have been hearing really lovely things from Nicola’s new teacher about her (of course). I must say I get a great kick out of it when a new teacher can see straight away what an amazing little girl she is, and they enjoy working together. That’s the best learning environment for her by far! She is the strictest teacher at the school, which is why she usually gets them the year before big school.
- Talking about big school, I would feel a lot better if I could get my hands on a registration form for grade R at our school of choice. I emailed them earlier this week and they say I have to check in with them again end of March. Pffft…
- I have found suspect things growing in the garden…which I plan to eradicate over the weekend before they spread to my container plants. Normally I would just leave it and file it in my head under “not my problem” things, you know since we’re moving out there in less than two months – but this thing is very toxic, and literally grows like a weed (although not being actual weed this time at least), and in general it just upsets me to see it when I go outside for a smoke break. I do not want Nicola anywhere near it.
- One of my cousins is getting married later on this month, to a lovely young lady called Leatitia. As you can imagine, her name comes up in discussion quite a bit – some of it regarding the wedding, the wedding cake, the upcoming bachelorette and so on. Well, Nicola has taken a liking to the name and decided to rename my parents’ husky (Diablo) to Leatitia – hahaha! We’re not allowing it, in case you were wondering, but it is a little bit funny. She says that my mom must make him a beautiful lady bird costume that he can wear to the dog show, where he will do amazing tricks and win the grand prize. (Unless there is a prize for eating avos and cherry tomatoes while being pretty or howling through kitchen windows, I don’t think he’s going to get it, shame…). Poor Diablo. Nicola is forever trying to rename him. Not too long ago she also renamed him Buster – for the exclusive purpose of being able to moan at him, “Hey Buster! What do you think you’re doing?!”. (You’ll probably not be too surprised that the first thing she offered to do when she met our new landlord, was to rename all his dogs for him – and she doesn’t even know what their existing names are!)😉
Now, you’ll have to excuse me…I have a serious case of the 14:00 slumps, partnered with the Friday lazies, and if I don’t go grab some coffee right this instant I am very likely to fall asleep behind my desk.
Hope you all have a super fantastic weekend – with lots of rest thrown in for good measure.
Ps! Is the post office still on strike? I can never tell if they’re on a go slow, or just pottering on at their regular speed. I’m waiting for a linen set I ordered online for Nicola’s new room and the anticipation is killing me…