We’re back!10 September , 2013
I had the best time ever! 🙂
On a bit of a downer, Nicola is sick as a dog and my phone seems to be possessed and has crashed completely – to the point where I can’t even receive calls on it (nevermind all the things I usually actually do on it). It’s a pain.
Now normally I would just connect it to my laptop and update the firmware or whatever, but it’s so unwilling to do anything that it won’t even connect to that. Borked, utterly and completely fucked up in fact. Luckily I very briefly (in between the hundreds of restarts and retries) managed to get it connected and download the gazillion photos I took over this past weekend. This catastrophy would have been exponentially worse if I had lost all my photos too!
I am almost due for my next upgrade, so I don’t know if I should tie myself in knots trying to get this handset going again, or just see if they’ll help me out a month earlier than anticipated…anyhoo, can’t find out right now since I can’t make calls either and secret place landlines won’t phone my service provider. Grrr!
Back to the wedding though:
- The weather was pretty damn decent, except for the wind – and even that wasn’t too bad. Let’s just say we all have a windswept look on the wedding photos. 😉
- It was fantastic having all the family and friends down there, and really there were so many pre and post parties that it was really just one great get together from the moment we arrived till the moment we went back home.
- We got to meet some of K’s very special friends too. One of her childhood buddies, another from Canada and one from Australia. What a great bunch! They were a laugh a minute and other than two of them not speaking Afrikaans they fit right in. 🙂 We were teaching them a few words in between of course.
- My pink terrorist was the flower girl, and as is traditionally the case, she was meant to sprinkle the isle with rose petals in preparation for the bride. Up until about 15 minutes before, she was still pretty keen to do just that – but then out of nowhere she decided NO, she wouldn’t do it. And so I ended up being a stand in flower girl sort of at my ripe old age – not something I saw coming, but everyone had a chuckle at that…when you’re incorporating children into your proceedings, really, anything can happen? 😉
- I might show you a few of my photos tomorrow if I get them uploaded from my laptop. Definitely not happening from the phone.
These are obviously not wedding photos… 😛
Ps! If you try to contact me at all and I don’t respond, please don’t take it personally – I’m, fresh out of carrier pigeons.