Reasons to feel good today:10 July , 2013
- I woke up this morning without a throat-on-fire feeling for the first time in weeks. I’m not trying to tempt fate…but I think I might be over the worst of it too *fingers crossed*
- I managed to get my secret stuff done before deadline, even though my team submitted three different versions of the truth and many reworks had to be done before we got there – still, a done is a done.
- There is an immense amount of uncertainty and chaos at the secret place at the moment with the most recent resignations. I happen to come up with some of my best one liners when other people are running around gnashing teeth and pulling their hair out. Maybe it’s constructive, maybe not – it’s definitely good for comic relief…and we need as much of that as we can get at the moment.
- Nicola was in a particularly good mood this morning. This is not a small thing, because she’s been very whiney over this last week while she was sick, so a good mood morning is nothing shy of fantastic news. Of course she refused to get out of bed even so, unless I made her some tea in her pink baby tulip pot and cup combo thingy. It was a small price to pay really… 😉
- I finished reading a book today that I’ve been battling to get through for a couple of weeks. Bits of it really sucked, other bits really spoke to me. It was supposed to be funny, but it wasn’t that at all. I’m definitely reading something fantasy next.
- Had a nice little moment on the smoking balcony earlier. One of the girls said that she had sent us something via one of the soon departing colleagues and she wanted to know if he passed it on. I said no, and I doubt if he would so she asked me for my name and surname so that she could mail me directly. Someone else standing nearby when I told her said, “Oh, NOW I know who you are!” apparently she has heard a lot of lovely things about me but wasn’t sure who I was. Isn’t that sweet? And here I was, feeling mostly invisible.
Photos obviously taken a few weeks ago as usual.