Liebster Award23 April , 2013
Proof that we actually got a lot of sleeping done there…
A pretty sunrise…
Now for the post!
Thank you Nanushcka for thinking of me and for the nomination!
OK, here are the rules:
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag backs.
- I really don’t like spiders…although I have kind of learnt to live with Daddy-long-legs since they eat other spiders, tend to stick to out of view corners, and are generally slower than I am if I need to outrun them.
- I have NO sense of direction – thank goodness for GPS!
- I hate oats so much that I can’t even watch someone else eat it (only the wet kind, dry oats in cookies is perfectly fine).
- I love gardening…you can generally tell whether I plan on staying where I am by looking at what I’ve plonked in the ground recently (containers usually mean we all plan to move soon).
- My happy place is the bath – with or without water.
- I do a poker face in my bag of tricks, but I still don’t know how to play poker properly.
- I talk in my sleep, and on occasion sing or explain things to myself in detail.
- I have three favourite colours and tend to gravitate to whichever one suits my mood : red, blue and green
- INFP – some people are going to be quite surprised by that (did the test again last week)
- In six thinking hats – I tend to favour red and green (and maybe a bit of blue)…hahaha, just like my favourite colours!😉
- I love afternoon naps! Love, love, love, love! Nicola seems to have halfway outgrown them now, and I really miss having them.
11 Questions asked to me:
- If things had gone differently, where would you be?
There are many places and times when things could have gone drastically different and life would have taken similarly drastic different turns for me. In general though I don’t regret anything and I have been extremely lucky that the not-so-good decisions that I have made on occasion haven’t taken me down darker alleys than I ended up going down. I think I’m pretty much on track, even if I do occasionally take the scenic route.😉 If I wasn’t so hell bent on doing my own thing I guess I would have been some sort of Stepfort-wife-wanna-be by now…but that would have had to be someone else, wouldn’t it?
- Do you recall one defining moment in your childhood and what was it?
Mmm…I recall quite a bit of my childhood. Is one thing more important than the next if I still remember them clearly this far on?
- What did you want to be when you grew up and what are you now?
I really wanted to be a vet, or a dentist, or a teacher, or an engineer, a lawyer, a pirate…I am none of those but I can’t tell you what I am now since it’s a secret.😉 I am a little bit of a pirate if you’re talking about series and so on, but I don’t get to carry a sword or drink rum all day.
- What was that one promise you made to yourself that you still strive to achieve?
I will never be anyone’s victim again.
- Are you happy?
Yes I am.
- What’s on top of your bucket list this year?
I want to buy a house and a new car (unless I win the Lotto I’m not sure if any of these two will pan out for this year), I want to take Nicola to go build a snow man as soon as somewhere that’s driving distance has snow.
- Who is your bestest family member?
My immediate family all are super-stars, and some of my extended ones are not far behind either. Actually my whole family is pretty darn amazing.
- What sport are you into?
I like watching synchronised swimming…always amazed that those girls don’t end up drowning! I also like watching dancing. To do myself, I enjoy ice skating (even though I suck at stopping unless I throw myself over the barrier), and my own version of squash (very interesting lack of rules or scoring), and walking…if I’m not in a rush.
- What time do you go to bed?
Somewhere between 20:00 and 21:00. If I’m not asleep Nicola won’t sleep either! Now and then I do a big night out and my mom watches her for me, then I can stay up till the wee hours of the morning…but when I get back I know Nicola will be sitting up waiting for me, so I don’t do it often.
- What is the last thing you do before going to bed?
Kiss my daughter goodnight and tell her I love her. Also I might get up a few minutes later to check that I locked the front door and switched off the bathroom light.
- When last did you take a leap of faith in something or someone?
Last year, it didn’t end well. My aim seems a bit off lately.
11 Questions asked by me:
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your biggest dream/wish?
- If your closest friend/s had to describe you starting with “Most likely to…” what would they say?
- This is not a Question per se…draw something and show me? Anything – but you must use your favourite colour!
- What is the one thing you wish you had? (can be a characteristic, body part, material object – anything)
- What time do you get up, and how do you spend the first hour of each day?
- You know how sometimes a smell can remind you of a person? (I’m talking about good smells here, like oranges, or vanilla or something). Name three people you are close to, and what smell reminds you of them and why?
- Have you ever stalked someone (yes, even online), has anyone ever stalked you? Explain…
- What does comfort food mean to you?
- Does absolute silence get to you? With no stimulation whatsoever…nothing to read, nothing to listen to, nothing to look at, how long can you be comfortable in silence and where does your mind go?
- When last did you have a proper belly laugh, and why?
11 Blogs nominated: (I think you’ll all catch it in feeds, so I’m not going to pop round to tell you), play if you feel like (or don’t), tag if you want to (or don’t) – and even if you don’t want to pass it on, at least answer my questions!😉 (those of you paying attention will see that I nominated a few more than 11 – you’re all my favourites, I couldn’t choose).