Blah-blah…and some more blah.3 April , 2013
Nicola was walking around with this notebook, furiously scribbling down things. When I asked her what she was writing, she said a story about dinosaurs! (The main characters – and most of the plot so far – seems to consist of the number 1).😉
Of course you know this walkway by heart by now…
Yip, there it is again. I obviously really really like it.
Self portrait of us on our walk about.
I think Nicola might be best at sticking out her tongue, what do you think? We all seem to have blue tongues on this photo, so I’m attributing it to the light because it wasn’t very cold.😉
Highlights for this week so far:
- There was the egg hunt which I’ve already told you about
- My car had a birthday because Nicola decreed it so
- The whole family could be found outside singing happy birthday to Blou-Tazz while Nicola presented his cupcake to him on Saturday
- Nicola is sick again, poor baby. I really don’t want to put her back on antibiotics now, because then I know for a fact our whole winter will be like this. So far it looks like she might work through it on her own steam. Already the coughing is much better and her fever broke during monday night.
- Rain, beautiful rain! I’m really enjoying this weather. I much prefer a wet autumn to the dry and cold winter that will be following shortly…but that’s seasons for you, just bloody do as they please. My dad always says, “Die weer laat nie vir hom voorskryf nie.” It’s a thing my grandfather used to say on the farm, and I think it sums it up beautifully.
- Work has been extremely unpleasant this week, so far. Some members of the team are locked into fierce battles (with each other), Steamcleaner (after having moved down and annexing my previous desk) has moved back upstairs again, and the little empires ruling the secret tool that most of my work happens on have come up with an epic wishlist/demands-list that I have to implement by mid next week (and it’s not looking all that peachy for success really). At least it was payday last week, and the traffic is still pretty manageable for now until the schools reopen next week.
- I received a tiny part of a bonus, and even though I can think of many holes to plug or partially plug with them, I treated myself to some really kick-ass new boots. If you know me, you know I hardly ever buy anything for myself so this was a real treat! I walked in and decided that I was NOT going to look at any price tags and just buy whatever I loved, just this one time. I am feeling very smug about it really. It’s true what they say, with the rights shoes a girl can rule the world.😀
- Oh yes, on Good Friday…just a little observation: I have never really bothered to be out and about on Good Friday. Usually I just lounge around the house doing as little as possible. So you can imagine my surprise when I took Nicola to our local mall, in an attempt to do grocery shopping, and found it completely closed! I don’t even think it completely closes for Christmas. Or as the old saying goes, “So toe soos ‘n klei-os se gat!” (not sure if you’ve ever heard that saying, but it’s fairly common in use where I come from). Wow…I don’t mind, we just went back the next day – but I didn’t really realise that it was that widely observed. It kindof reminded me of Sundays when I was a child, not even a petrol station was open on a Sunday back then. I approve.😉
- I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this on here before, but Nicola desperately wants a pet. I’m not getting one until we have a bigger place, but it’s been nagging me a bit, and obviously on my wish-list of things I need in a new house private pet-freindly garden now features prominently. Ha! My mom bought Nicola a Robo-fish at game this weekend. Have you seen them? They’re very lifelike. It is however clear to me after observing my daughter play with her fish that she is not quite ready for a pet, and if she is then certainly not one without teeth that can stand up for itself. Poor fish was man-handled something terrible despite my requests that we just leave him to swim around in the bowl.