Thursday bits and pieces8 November , 2012
Cute things said by my pink terrorist lately:
- I was rushing around one morning trying to pack bags, make coffee and tea, brush my teeth, water plants and dress all at the same time. Nicola was busy watching Mickey Mouse and waiting for her tea. In between all the running around I looked at her and she just seemed so quiet…so I went and sat next to her just to give her a bit of a hug (she likes that a lot). She wrapped her little arms around me and said, “Mamma. Ek sal jou styf vashou sodat jy nie van die bed af val nie.” (I’ll hold you tight so that you don’t fall off the bed). I have no idea why she thought I might fall off, but it was just so incredibly sweet.
- Another night this week, we were in the bath and it was time to get out. It gets a bit tricky when Nicola has half a tub of toys in there with us, so I managed to get myself up around her and all of the obstacles. I said something along the lines of me getting old now (and a groan if you’re imagining this). She gets up, groans and holds her back and tells me that she’s also getting old now. Mwahaha!
Other things of potential interest:
- I had the opportunity to meet an author of one of the change management books we have circulating around here. After the course we attended the presenter gave each person a book to read as a sort of graduation gift, and this lady’s book was one of them.
- I hadn’t actually read the book before I received the invite to lunch but I thought I better get that done because I’d like to be able to say more than, “Hey! Nice to meet you – I heard you wrote a book. What’s it about? And what’s for lunch?”
- I am so glad that I did read the book before, because it seemed like I may have been the only one in the group! One colleague said she was about half way but got sidetracked by 50 shades (Really? You had to go there at a business lunch?)
- The author is really nice and down to earth. I had a great time and I think I managed to pull off a decent level of conversation with her about the topics at hand. The guy who organised the event seemed pretty grateful too, and gave me a hug goodbye afterwards.😆
- I am super intrigued why anybody would rock up for that kind of event without having actually read the book. Or is that just me? Does that seem normal to you?
I got another washi tape delivery this morning! Super impressed. The last one I ordered off Etsy took about a month (which is also fine and expected) but this one came through in less than two weeks. The tape looks great and the service was fantastic. She even gave me a special discount code for my next order to thank me for the positive rating I gave her on my first order.
So if you’re looking for washi tape – go have a look here by all means! TheWashiShop.etsy.com