Weekend bullets1 October , 2012
These photos are of a few weeks ago. The first one was taken at the nursery when we went to go buy some flowers for my parents’ garden. The second one was Nicola sulking at the gate cause she couldn’t go outside and the last one was where she had my grandmother chasing her around the garden. Very funny cause if she sees that you’re falling behind she’ll wait for you or call out, “Here I am!”
Now, onto the bullets:
- Firstly, on Friday I told you we had a fairwell for Fruitbat. I can’t remember exactly how it came up, but he referred to me as MI5 around here.😆 I quite like that actually, and it’s kind of true too. For instance, a new colleague who now sits in the cubicle next to me and I were talking about sport (well, more talking about me not talking about sport). So I brought up that I knew he played sport, and it was probably different to just watching it. He said yes, he does, but he won’t tell me what kind of sport he plays…to which I said I already knew what it was. He looked truly taken aback when I told him that I knew he played netbal…not sure why he would be embarressed about it though. Especially since he did really well in it. *shrug*
- One night this past week I tried out brussel sprouts on Nicola. I’m not sure why exactly I bought it, I don’t mind them but it’s not my favourite really and I was very interested to see what she would make of it. She was busy watching something while she ate and I saw her absentmindedly pop one in her mouth and start to chew it. Kept my fingers crossed that she would be too destracted to notice much about it but about 2 minutes later a truly horified expression crossed her face and she spit it all up in a neat little heap in my hand. Mwahahaha! I probably won’t be trying that one again soon!
- The thing that fascinates and frustrated the pink terrorist at the moment is whistling. It looks like she’s kind of made peace with not being able to do it though, but to her the main objective seems to be the desired sound and not how you make it. She does a high pitched squeel to emulate whistling – seriously the pitch is almost exactly the same. Sometimes she even puts her fingers together near her mouth too like when people do that really LOUD whistle! Marcia managed to catch a photo of it on Saturday but I haven’t had time to down and up-load it yet. I am very chuffed with that photo! I’ve been trying to cath her in the act for weeks now, it’s so cute.🙂
- My parents came back from leave on Friday and picked Nicola up from school, it was a really nice surprise for her – she missed them like crazy while they were gone. Nicola is especially attached to my mom, and yesterday I needed to go to builder’s warehouse with my dad and asked her if she wanted to come along? We weren’t even half way down the road when she suddenly realised that Ouma wasn’t going with and we had to turn back and drop her off again, the tears were coming hot and heavy like you can’t believe it.
- I am still not 100% better after my last sick, but much better at least. I am just super grateful that Nicola seems to have missed out on this round of flu!
Hope you all have a super week ahead.🙂