So how’s it working out?23 August , 2012
The photos obviously do not relate to the post (as always). 😉
The turnaround has been nothing short of amazing! Let me start with what we’ve been doing perhaps:
- Monday: Painting (very messy!)
- Tuesday: Made popcorn balls (very sticky and messy!)
- Wednesday: We took my folks for a short walk after dinner (no mess factor, but it was a challenge to dissuade Nicola from pressing every single intercom button she could find!) and colouring in.
- Planned for tonight: Not sure yet, possibly shopping (she actually loves shopping a lot more than I do so this counts)
- Planned for Friday night: Perhaps another walk, or maybe something messy – we’ll still see
- Planned for Saturday: Not sure yet (this will probably be largely up to my folks since I have Slutwalk on in the morning and a birthday party in the evening)
- Planned for Sunday: Gardening
I haven’t had a single morning tantrum all week after we started this. Not even one. No long lip about brushing teeth, getting up, getting dressed, going to school. Nothing! What bliss. 🙂 We had dinner at my folks last night and even they both agreed that Nicola seems a lot calmer than usual.
We did have an incident on Tuesday night around bath time, but this I think was largely due to the fact that Nicola skinned her foot and shin at school with a fall and I added some Savlon to her bath water to clean it up. She was not a happy camper, but oh well – it’s better than getting a serious infection so she’ll just have to find a way to forgive me on that.
In general I think this new way is working out quite well for us. 🙂