Lookie lookie! :-)26 July , 2012
The lovely Cat nominated me for this award on her blog (Thank you Cat!) We will have to come and see your chickens and give the children time to play some more.😉
I now have to tell you 7 things you don’t know (this is always the tricky bit if you blab as much as I do):
- I got a ticket to go see Linkin Park in November – whooohooo!!! (yes, that many exclamation marks needed). It was a bit touch and go if we would get them because the stupid Computicket system booted me off while I was trying to verify credit card details the first time I got to the front of the queue. I then had to wait two hours again before I got to try again. (I had some choice words for them as you can imagine). At some point I had four different computers and a cellphone all in the queue to see who would get there first – it’s not as insane as you think because the second laptop won.
- I don’t drink normal tea. Ever. I’ll drink herbal teas or rooibos tea but normal tea I can’t stand. It’s not for health reasons, I just can’t stand the taste. In fact when it comes to coffee I don’t drink decaf. What is the point of that really?!
- It is my birthday in exactly 13 days. I actually can’t offhand remember how old I am. Every time I think about it I have to sit and work it out. I am 33 turning 34 this year.😉 This forgetting of age thing isn’t new though. When I was 29 I went round telling people I was 30 already to the great amusement of my mother who corrected me one day.
- I am reading a lot these days, not in comparison to way back when but certainly more than I’ve read in years! It is my mission to read everything on my Kalahari wishlist now and every month I spoil myself with something on there. A little from me to me situation. I love it! I’m trying to buy them in the sequence that I put them on the list to begin with, so at the moment I’m buying things I put on in 2008, hahahaha!😆 This should keep me busy and out of trouble for a while?
- I don’t switch the lights off at our cottage anymore. Not since I found the two scorpions a while back. I get up a few times at night and if the lights are off I keep wondering if I’ll step on another one on my way to the light switch.
- I am itching to enroll Nicola and myself in some sorts of martial arts class. There’s a bully at her school and I want her to know how to fight back. I would just get a kick out of doing it too at the same time, I already know how to kick ass and take names. Unfortunately it looks like most of the places only start classes from 4 years and older, so I’m still pondering this.
- When I feel under the weather I always want to drink either Fanta Orange or Lipton Peach Ice Tea. I wonder if the orange colour has something to do with it?
Now I nominate 5-10 bloggers that I admire and follow:
- Philligirl, who always goes on the most fantastic adventures. In fact she is headed to Vietnam in a matter of days!
- Laurakim, who has her hands full with her three children, all very different from each other. (I only have one and I have my hands full, you should be drinking more my friend!😉 )
- Melinda, a new blog friend who is about to add another little soul to their happy family. I hope to get to meet you face-to-face soon! I bet we’ll get on like a house on fire.
- Jeanette, who takes the most beautiful photos, works a full day and still manages to attend almost every school function for her sons. I don’t know how you manage to do everything you do – hats off to you! It must be a super power?
- Ruby, who always writes very elequent letters but who should not be allowed unsupervised near any sharp objects. She has a tendency to injure herself in the most unbelievable ways!
- Marcia, who has become a really good friend. She’s all about the organising, I’m all about the chaos – but I love her to bits. At the moment she’s off galavanting on the other side of the world and it blows that she has no internet connection, cause now I don’t get to hear from her. Hope you’re having a grand time Marcia!
- Blackhuff, you won’t find anyone more dedicated around. When this woman puts her mind to something…it gets DONE.
- Mrs FF (aka adesolaf), admirer of sunrises and sunsets and all kinds of cool and quicky things. I have a “seen around” post brewing with quite a few shots that you inspired. Watch this space…😉
- And last but certainly not least, Julia, who I was lucky enough to meet when she came up to JHB and who is always writing proper deep posts that really get you thinking. Rockstar mama to two boys lucky to have her!
So here’s what you need to do if I have nominated you:
1. Include the award logo in your post or on your blog
2. Say 7 random things about yourself that the readers don’t know yet
3. Nominate 5 – 10 other blogs you usually follow
4. Let the nominees know that they are nominated & include their blog-links
5. Link the person who nominated you