List update – End of May1 June , 2012
May…not much time left for me to tick things off since I started this list at the beginning of Augustus last year. One or two I already know I’m going to miss, and some are year long ones so they’re still okay and in general I am feeling quite pleased with how this list is shaping up.What I have done in August:
1. Start writing poetry again
2. Buy a tumble drier
3. Take Nicola to go visit my grandmother in Thabazimbi
What I have done in September:
4. Grow a veggie garden
What I have done in October:
5. Sort out my bookshelf situation
6. Chuck everything unflattering out of my wardrobe
7. Stop smoking (again)
7. Buy a couch
What I have done in November:
8. Grow a herb garden – 13/11 (Thanks Tamara!)
What I have done in December:
9. Organise a really awesome birthday party for Nicola
10. Make some new MP3 disks for the car
11. Open a savings account for Nicola
What I have done in January
12. Begin…and finish reading at least 12 books – #1 The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine, MD #2 Who Moved My Cheese by Dr Spencer Johnson #3 Douglas Adams’s Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy, Part 6 of 3, And Another Thing…by Eoin Colfer #4 The complete practical encyclopedia of Bonsai by Ken Norman #5 House Rules by Jodi Picoult #6 Easyway to stop smoking by Allen Carr #7 The Fred Factor by Mark Sanborn #8 The witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho #9 Greywalker by Kat Richardson #10 I want my Life back by Steve Hamilton #11 Spud Learning to Fly by John van de Ruit #12 Worth Dying For by Lee Child
13. Get Nicola’s vaccinations up to date
14. Start teaching Nicola how to swim – we officially started swimming lessons at a school
What I have done in February
15. Have a beach holiday and relax – Done end Feb (as we speak!)
16. Wear a dress now and then (at least on Spring day and Valentines day) – 1/9 Spring day skirt wearing *check* – 25/10 Wore a skirt again (no pics this time sorry) – 11/12 Wore a long-ish skirt to lunch 14/2 – Valentine’s Day – rocked a skirt
17. Update my will
What I have done in March:
Not a bloody thing I can tick off – ongoing things still ongoing at least.
What I have done in April:
18. Go and see at least 2 movies in a cinema – 6/1 – Puss in Boots 5/4 – American Pie Reunion
What I have done in May:
19. Print some photos for our albums – do 20 a month (I did 30 this month)
What I still intend to do this year (in no particular order):
- Move to a 2 bedroom place – unless I win the Lotto this is probably only going to happen next year
- Maintain an actual hairstyle (possibly the one you see me sporting in this photo) – It’s a lot longer now which works just fine for winter
- Print some photos for our albums – do 20 a month
- Lose another 5kg (hopefully around my non-existent middle) – No comment face
- Find a job/career I love – Plan is in process. Macgafter (CSP Boiler) is being tested. Presentations are being compiled. World domination is imminent! Also there is this other potential ops thing looming at the secret place, and looming quite significantly if I may say so.
- Have at least 4 weekends away – 3/11 Nylstroom weekend (next one planned for June)
- Keep my car clean (inside and outside) – Dismal fail
- Get Nicola potty trained – Ongoing, Nicola is quite happy to use the loo at our place and my folks, but for the moment refuses to contemplate it at school
- Have a birthday party for myself – may or may not can this one
- Take or have taken more photos of Nicola and myself together – This is going very well so far…I can probably tick this off already? If I don’t have a single other photo taken of us together from now until August I will still have at least double what I had the previous year! Thank you everyone around us for helping out on this one.
- Make homemade gifts for my very special people – Ongoing
- Go to church more often (this will not be hard to do since we didn’t go when we were sick, and we were mostly sick) – again, looking better than last year but not quite where I imagined it would be when I put it on the list to begin with.
- Random acts of kindness whenever I can – All good and ongoing
- At least one grand adventure! – I’m a bit puzzled about this one. No idea where I was going with it. We’ve had a lot of adventure already this year, but none that I would class as “grand” . Let’s see what happens?
- Put a serious dent in my debt – I put my entire bonus into that during April and after my annual raise I’ve upped my monthly payments as well…just a bit. I am actually quite satisfied with the dent I see already but I’ll reveal the percentage to you at the end of July.
- Stop smoking (again) – ETA 1st of June, don’t say I didn’t warn you, except extreme crankiness for at least a week.
I am enjoying the list but I am feeling quite ready to have it over now too. You should start psychologically preparing yourself that I will not be giving myself such a to-do list for next year (and if I do, definitely not 35 items!).😉