Almost Wordless Wednesday9 May , 2012
On a recent milk and what-not run…
I know I’ve promised you some profound but it’s just been a bit busy round here – so you’ll have to wait a bit more for that. 😉
I will just leave you with a few of Nicola’s favourite sayings at the moment:
- “Oh my goodness!” this gets thrown around quite freely for anything from a cookie falling on the floor to finding a bug on the driveway. It’s super cute when it goes with that curious and surprised facial expression.
- “Jy moet binne die lyne inkleur” obviously that’s a hot topic of art at school at the moment. In fact it made such an impression on her that last night she said it in her sleep! 😆
- If I ask her to do something that she doesn’t feel like doing she tells me, “Uhm…nee…nie nou nie.”
- And if I’m giving her an earful about something she did she goes, “Shhh…ek is so lief vir jou mamma.” (there’s no arguing with that really) 😉
- Also she’s in the habit now of throwing a piece of cloth (dish rag/face cloth/whatever) over random things and telling me to leave it there because the cake is busy cooling off. 😆 I know where this comes from. When I take a fresh loaf of bread out of the machine I always throw something over it till it cools off before I cut it and put it away in the bread bin.
Ps! Last night I got a bee in my bonnet about cutting her hair. Not a lot – just a little trim because the ends always seem a bit more prone to tangling. For my next trick I decided that I would do this while she was having a bath so that the mess would be contained. Ha! Talk about a moving target! The moment Nicola saw the scissors she started swimming laps to make it more interesting for both of us. I think I still more or less managed to do what I intended to do – thank goodness curly hair is pretty forgiving.