Easter long weekend10 April , 2012
As you know by now I’m always way behind with my photo posting so this is from a few weeks ago when it was still summer. Brr! Cold today though, winter is here or very close. I’ll try and do an Easter egg photo post before Christmas rolls by, but I might save it for tomorrrow’s Wordless Wednesday.😉
Anyhoo, recap on the weekend that was:
- It was the perfect blend of rest and fun, family and friends, eating, sleeping, and doing a bit of nothing. Both Nicola and I had a magic Easter weekend.
- Thursday night, as I told you, I went on my solo movie date. there wasn’t anything on that I desparately wanted to see so I decided to go watch American Pie Reunion because I definitely can’t watch that with Nicola and I hoped that it would be mindless and funny enough just to sit back for a bit of a laugh and relax for me. It delivered in spades but my experience almost turned out into something else altogether because the lady at the counter accidentally gave me a ticket for that Angus faith-like-potatoes dude’s Ordinary people instead. Innitially I thought it was the longest bloody trailer ever made but eventually I figured out what happened to me and got the manager to move me to the right cinema instead. I treated myself to a steaming hot cuppichino with enormous amounts of cream and sugar afterwards and it was really good. When I got to my folks, Nicola was happy and also happy to see me and from all reports she was on her best behaviour while I was gone and an absolute delight to have around.
- Friday we did more or less nothing. We only managed to find our way out of our PJs quite late and spent most of the day watching movies in bed on the laptop and napping. Bliss…
- Saturday we had a big winter clothing shopping spree for Nicola with my mom and gran. We bought a lot more than we planned but all useful things that she looks super cute in and that will keep her nice and warm this winter, so a day and money well spent.
- On Sunday we started off with the Easter egg hunt in my folks’ garden, which Nicola loved! Wow, and she got about a bucket full of chocolate too. I will have to help out on the eating of all of this I’m sure – so no complaints here.😉 I let her have as much as she wanted after finding them and then put the rest away to be slow released from here on. She managed to get into a very proper sugar buzz from all the chocolate she had and nap time suffered badly because of it, but it’s just one day so I’m not overly stressed about it.
- In the afternoon we went to my uncle’s house for a family braai and there was another Easter egg hunt for the three kids (Nathan, Natalie and Nicola – all N’s – funny hey?). Keeping in mind that we already had a bucket of chocolate to work our way through at home I thought it would be a good time to let Nicola share whatever she found so I let her keep one and hand out the rest to other people (my cousin thought this was kind of cruel on my part, but Nicola didn’t seem to mind anyway – she’s all about the hunt).😉 The kids had such a blast. Nicola literally did not stop laughing for a second! It’s quite contagious and soon just about everyone was laughing along. Of course we all ate till we nearly fell over and the food and the company was great. Just a perfect way to spend the day really.
- Sunday night we felt the absence of that afternoon nap quite sharply. Someone was wearing the cranky pants, and wearing them well. Also she was a bit too tired to go to sleep so it was probably close to 22:00 before we actually got her to bed!
- Yesterday…the last relax day before we hit the salt mines again, saw me cooking some Macaroni for breakfast because Nicola put in a special request for it. She ate it, so that made it okay – I wouldn’t have been impressed if she made me make it and then refused to have any. We spent the day more or less like we spent Friday, just relaxing and doing as little as possible.
- Last night we almost had a disaster of epic proportions on our hands. Nicola accidentally yanked the one hardrive off the bed and the USB fitting rattled loose. It just so happened that it was the HD with all her movies on it and she won’t go to bed unless she gets to watch one of her programs first. My dad, the rockstar, opened it up and saw that it might be saved with a bit of soldering. He fixed it up for us and brought it back in less than half an hour, thereby saving the day and the night-rest and making us both very happy. (She wasn’t really going for Two and a half men, which is about the only thing excpts Big Bang Theory on my other hardrive that she can watch with me).😉
I hope you all had a super long weekend and that you are managing to ease yourself back into the rat race today without too much hassle. If not, just hang in there – at least it’s another short week.