Tuesday 27/327 March , 2012
I think it’s time for Nicola to have another haircut? (I cut that fringe myself – you can probably tell)
Some things that made my day interesting yesterday:
- I got dressed and bathed twice before going to work. This is because Nicola didn’t want to wear the clothes I wanted her to wear for school. She really wanted the dirty shirt from the laundry that’s one of her favourites instead. I put my foot down. We wrestled. I won. She started crying and stuck her hand down her throat to make herself sick (over the clothes I had just wrestled her into). We both got to clean up and get dressed again…plus I got to wash the floor. I’m not sure who won that round since she ended up wearing something neither of us had in mind to begin with. 😉
- I’m on disc 3 of 8 of that book A million little pieces. It’s so emotional…wow. I bawled like a baby in the car listening to it.
- When I got home I phoned Vodacom customer care about my network situation and got to speak to a very snippy young man. I warned him once that I wasn’t in the mood for his tone and the second time he made a snide comment I unleashed some wrath on him. My internet connection is working just fine again today, and someone else from there has already phoned me to check up on the problem and to apologise. Apparently it was a nationwide thing.
- Nicola gets very jealous when I talk to other people. While I was having (or trying to have) a conversation with the rude one from Vodacom she first did a whole bunch of clothes tugging and moaning at me to try and get me off the phone and then (cleverly) resorted to a tactic that she knew for sure would get my attention. She took off her clothes and started going to the toilet herself…repeatedly! I thing she flushed about half a roll of paper down during the course of a 15 minute conversation. And of course I had to pause my lambasting of Vodacom-dude every so often to applaud her efforts both in the tinkle, whipe or flush phases of the process. I want you to just imagine that for a second. Something along these lines, (to the rude one)… moan moan complain throw in a few swear words ask to speak to a supervisor…(to the pink terrorist)…Ja, mamma sien jy’t ‘n toilet piepie gemaak – yay! baie mooi! +generous applause… (to the rude one)…why am I still talking to you, I thought I told you to put me through to someone who actually gives a damn?! Not my most favourite way to have a customer service related call, with the toilet flushing a thousand times in the background, but I guess it worked in the end. 😆
- I did not sleep very well last night. I’ve been up more or less since 1:00am and I’m starting to feel the slump now. I don’t know why I didn’t sleep well. I fell asleep allright, woke up and one and couldn’t fall asleep again for some reason. *yawn* Must. Have. More. Coffee.