Thursday Bullet Points (this is becoming a habit?)22 March , 2012
- First thing in the morning I received notification of my 15 year high school reunion. Nothing like that to make you feel a bit long in the tooth.😉 Of course I am going (had a blast at the 10 year one), but it is a bit jarring to realise that I have definitely been out of school longer than I was ever in it (the standard 12 years in case you were wondering).
- Just after 12:00 TheSparrow let me know that his mom had suddenly and unexpectedly died from a heart attack. I was unreasonably upset about this and actually had to go home early cause I couldn’t stop crying. I didn’t know-know her, but we’d spoken over the phone a couple of times and we were fb friends and she always had very lovely things to say about Nicola’s photos that I posted there. I really wanted to go down to Cape Town for her funeral or memorial service or whatever, especially to show some support to TheSparrow who is a very good friend of mine. I had everything organised…leave…baby sitter…flight…accomodation…transport…the works. He asked me not to come because he’d rather be by himself and deal with it on his own. So I had to cancel everything. I don’t get it, and I do at the same time. If it was my loss I would want the support, but it’s his mom and he gets to grieve in anyway that feels right to him. Still…it sucks.
- We had dinner with my brother and Karen to go see the new arrival (their kitty called Marble). She is adorable, and Nicola really wanted to take her home. The poor cat was snuggled and loved by the pink terrorist like you couldn’t believe. When we get a bigger place a pet of some sorts is definitely on the cards.😉 Oh…Nicola reckons it’s HER Marble and that she’s just visiting Riaan and Karen!😆
And on to Wednesday:
- I have a new(er) laptop. Whoo-hooo! (Thanks Dad!) My dad’s company replaces their every few years and then they get the option to buy the old one from the company at a ridiculously low rate. I am tickled pink. My poor old faithful is definitely not cutting it anymore and it’s so old that i’ve worn off the letters printed on the buttons and watching series has become listening to series because I get one snapshot picture per episode with a flawless soundtrack if it even remotely resembles HD. I spent a big part of yesterday setting up programs and downloading updates…everything is ready for the data transfer between the two now. I’ll let you know when I do my first post from there how it went.😀
- Remember when I had my dentist dramas recently? Well one of the two I had digging round in my mouth left a sharp edge on my one front tooth and I cannot stop touching it with my tongue. It’s very annoying and leads to me constantly pulling funny faces like I ate something unpleasant and I’m constantly either cutting my tongue on it or actually getting a slight spasm in my jaw from trying to cut my tongue on it. *sigh* I will have to go back and ask them to smooth it out a bit before I go crazy or get a complete lock jaw from dental irritation!
- Yesterday we went to Emmarentia dam to go sling some bread at the ducks. I always pop all the crusts of our breads in a bag in the freezer and when it’s full we make an event of it. We had the whole family tag along (and there was A LOT of bread to go around!). Nicola had a blast, and I saw that my brother is more afriad of ducks than my daughter. She is fearless! (She actually almost walked into the water a couple of times). It was our first time there and we really liked it. I think we might go back with a picnic in the not too distant future.🙂