Oom Alberts’ birthday30 November , 2012
There are quite a few photos in this post so I’ll post today’s ramble seperately. These are a few of my favourites from my uncle’s surprise birthday party a few weeks ago.
- The cake my mom baked (and Nicola re-decorated)
- My mom and her sister
- They switched on sprinklers on the roof to cool the venue down and the children enjoyed the water feature thoroughly!
- Nicola and her beloved Creme Soda
- Nicola after the mullberries
- Chasing ducks through the cactii
- Nicola and Justin playing
- Investigating the ants goings-on (until one bit her between her toes, that was the end of it)
- Nicola looking pensive
- Asking questions
- Special birthday song serenades by my cousin, my uncle and my dad
- Oom Albert and the children blow out the candle
- My mom, R & K
- My mom R and me
- My cousin A and his girlfriend L (shame poor girl, her Afrikaans has really had to come along since she joined the family – when I first met her she didn’t speak or understand a word of it!)
A very good time was had by all!